How to Find the Best Irish Wedding Bands & Wedding Entertainment in 2022 to 2023.
It can be quite daunting trying to find the perfect Wedding band for your big day after all the fallout from Covid. Times are definitely different right now, and with so many cancellations, changes, and dates pushed forward to 2022,2023,2024 you will need some good advice on finding out what can work best for you on budget and style when trying to book your wedding band.
Check out the recent Irish Times article November 7 2020 which factors in some post covid thoughts;
We have had lots of feedback: no couples have regretted going ahead with their smaller wedding, and they have been genuinely surprised by how heartfelt and meaningful the day was and how much fun they had
My best advice is to think of the style and budget you have available to find who you like best as soon as possible, as so many couples now can’t get their original band for their 1st or 2nd date and the quicker you move the more chance you have in safely securing your best Irish Wedding band.
Here are five top tips that might help you along the way ;
- Talk to an agency they have the best contacts for multiple ideas on bands, styles, and DJ options, https://www.youtube.com/user/Audionetworks
- Work out a budget for the band and DJ to start
- Try to allocate something for the drinks reception as it sets the mood for the evening
- If you’re looking for some wedding entertainment just after the meal to keep your guests entertained look at the Undercover Singing waiters, ( www.singingwaitersireland.ie )
- Try to do something unique like a Silent Disco at the end of the night to leave your guests talking about your wedding for years after (http://www.silentdiscoireland.ie/)
WHEN ENQUIRING ABOUT A BAND OR DJ?
Always include as much detail as possible so you can get prices back immediately. Try and include the style of music you would like and the budget you have available, as sometimes there may be other options that you haven’t thought of.
Always include the exact date plus the venue address so the band can cross-check diaries and get back to you asap.
In Ireland right now most good wedding bands are priced between €1,500 to €2,500 and they may ask for some travel money if the journey is over 50km plus.
When you decide to book and confirm, ensure your deposit can be moved if required due to covid. Also, before you pay your deposit make sure you can get a full receipt and a booking form detailing all your booking information, dates, and times to save you on a double booking by the band.
In Ireland right now, there is a hive of incredible musicians and talent all across the country so let’s look at the various music styles that you can choose to help you with your decision process and some of the best party bands that are really worth looking at as our Hot Take for the best Irish wedding bands for 2022.
LINKS & GUIDE ON HOW TO FIND THE BEST IRISH WEDDING BANDS BY WAY OF VARIOUS MUSIC STYLES.
- The Perfect all-rounder, Music for all generations, powerful live band – The FIRM
- Traditional Irish Music & Contemporary & Classic Hits – The Midnight Revellers
- Swing Music & Classic Hits – Check out Swing Society.
- Latin Music – The Havana Club Trio
- 80’s 90’s Music – In costume & party Style, fun energetic its “ [email protected]”
- Brass Bands, Checkout Hyde Park brass for walkabout style, POP up at the ceremony, or performance on stage, Big bold brass sounds, very unique.
- Fans of Alternative or Indie* Style music check out The Kickbacks.
- New young Charts, classics, and hits Speakerlove provide a great set.
- Rocky with a twist of the Killers, then look at The Funky Buskers
- Soul Music, there is only one man in Ireland that simply leaves everyone else standing that is the main man from the USA, our very own James brown “ Mr. Buck Taylor, he is a living legend, great guy and powerful singer.
- Country and Classic music then look to the mayo-based Whitewater Wedding band let by the incredible vocal talents of ED Holland also the singer with Hurricane highway.
- International Set up, brand new to the scene this young band is making big noises right now across Ireland with their fully live 6pc and 7pc band options, performing a mixture of Classics, the 70s 80s 90s, and new contemporary songs.
- Trad Session music – check out the Celtic factor, The Hogan Duo, or The Storehouse Duo for brilliant traditional Irish Music for Drinks receptions or smaller type weddings.
Once you have the music styles selected for the drinks reception, after dinner, or late-night session look at your budget and chat with the bands or booking agents.
Make sure to ask for any midweek deals or package deals depending on the number of acts you book.
Some really good reference links on where to find these bands are listed below ;
- The Firm – http://www.thefirmband.ie/
- The Midnight Revellers – http://midnightrevellers.ie/
- Kickbacks – https://www.facebook.com/TheKickBacksBand/
- Havana Club Trio – http://www.havanaclubtrio.com/
- [email protected] Back – https://www.irishweddingbands.ie/wedding-bands-ireland/party-at-the-back-your-80s-party-wedding-band/
- The Funky Buskers – http://www.funkybuskers.com/
- Buck Taylor – https://audionetworks.ie/wedding-bands/buck-taylor-soul-band/
- Whitewater – https://www.facebook.com/Whitewater
- Boogie Heights – https://www.facebook.com/audionetworks/videos/boogie-heights-are-irelands-international-wedding-party-band-amazing-live-7-piec/587262978609379/
- The Celtic Factor – http://www.drinksreceptionmusic.ie/bands/celtic-factor-trad-band/
- Hogan Duo – https://audionetworks.ie/blog/hogan-traditional-irish-duo/
- Storehouse Duo – https://audionetworks.ie/drinks-reception-music/storehouse-duo/
It’s really worth spending a bit of time checking out the videos together before you book and ask for a setlist, testimonials, recent events to get a real picture of each band or entertainment idea. Things will change again soon for the better and when it does we’re all gonna party like it’s 1999!.
Check out the videos below as your direct guide to help you find and book the best Irish wedding bands ;
Contact us here.